I'm not a spicy food fan, so this was not a normal pick for me. I cut down on the jalapenos and on some of the spices, so my burgers did come out a little plain. Overall though it is still a good recipe. I ended up cooking them on the stove top because it was too cold outside to grill, so next time I make these I will have to use the grill. Paired this with my usual roasted sweet potatoes (recipe below) and broccoli.
Paleo Jalapeno Chicken Burgers
Original recipe found here
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Skin and cut the sweet potatoes into whatever shape you want. I either do fries, wedges or circles.
3. Spray baking pan with olive oil. Lay down sweet potato fries flat (please do not just dump a pile on the pan).
4. I fill my Misto with olive oil and lightly spray the fries, then add some sea salt (sometimes cinnamon too).
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Take out of the oven and move them around or flip them over. Bake for another 15-20 minutes.
Keep an eye on them, if they are thin bake for less time, and vice versa. Key is to move them around or flip them over half way through baking them. I usually make mine thicker, so I bake them for at least a total of 40 minutes.
Sharing the recipes I prepare to help others eat more nutritious food and begin their journey to a healthier life.